5 Safe Places For Solo Women Travellers
Have you ever wanted to hit the road and explore, but felt uneasy because you were travelling solo? This article is for female travellers who want to experience the world without feeling scared.
Why solo travel?
Solo travel is one of the best ways to explore new places on your own terms, at your own pace. You have complete control of where you are going and what you are doing. Solo travellers are never lonely because no matter how unfamiliar the place may be, there will always be someone who shares their interests. Travelling alone forces you to be more adventurous and spontaneous which will allow you to experience new things in life that you may not have discovered if you were travelling with friends or family.
Be safe when you’re on the road
There are many safety considerations that should be made when travelling. When you’re in a new place and you don’t know what to expect, it’s often best to take extra precautions.
Here are five safe places for solo female travellers:
1) Stay in the hotel bar in the evening
2) Avoid walking alone at night
3) Use public transport when possible
4) Ask locals for their opinion on areas that might not be safe
5) Be aware of your surroundings
Safe destination for single women travellers
- Switzerland: The Swiss are some of the safest people in Europe. They are also the most optimistic, friendly, and welcoming. Their country is also small, so you can see it all quite easily.
- Uruguay: Uruguay is a safe place for solo travellers, even if it’s not your first choice for vacation destinations. Though the country is relatively poor, it has one of the lowest crime rates in all of Latin America.
- Ecuador: Ecuador is a safe place for solo female travellers because its people are very welcoming and open to tourists from around the world. The best part about visiting Ecuador? You’ll never run out of things to do!
- Costa Rica: Costa Rica’s homicide rate is among the lowest in Central America. Many solo female travellers find it to be a great place to explore on their own. The people in Costa Rica are friendly and it is a safe country for solo female travellers. You can travel freely around the country and take part in outdoor activities. The locals will always help you out if you get lost or need directions.
- Iceland: Iceland is ranked the safest country in the world for solo women travellers. It’s a great place to explore if you’re looking for some island love. It’s located in the mid-Atlantic, giving it warm summers and cold winters. Reykjavik has some of the best nightlife spots in all of Europe – meaning that it’s always a good time!
Safety precautions that every traveller should take
In light of the recent attacks on women travellers, it’s important to take steps to protect yourself. One way to do this is by going with a tour group where you’ll be safer since there will be a lot of people around. You should also book your flights and accommodations in advance so that you know who will meet you at the airport or at your hotel. Always carry an alert device like an alarm or personal safety pepper spray too.
In conclusion, I’ve given you a list of five places where solo women travellers can feel safe. It’s really important to take precautions while travelling abroad by staying in reputable hotels and being vigilant when out and about.
A word of caution: Do not embark on a solo journey because it’s trending on social media, or you think it’s cool to do. Decide a place, make your itinerary and fly your way to the dream destination if you feel it’s time to change. A solo journey can be the most liberating, challenging, joyful self-discovery of your life. It will re-introduce you to yourself; you will learn, experience and grow through every encounter in this trip. If you allow it, then your first solo trip is bound to change your outlook on life.