Kimchi preparation has never been so easy
A common ingredient in Korean cooking is kimchi. The majority of Koreans eat it at least once every day with almost all Korean meals. The most well-known varieties of kimchi are baechu (made with napa cabbage), kkakdugi (made with radish), and oi (made with cucumber).
I’ll explain how to make kimchi today using cabbage.
4 Hours 15 Minutes
- 1 Kg Cabbage
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Spring onions
- 1 tbsp Garlic
- 1 tbsp Ginger
- 1 cup Soya sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 cup White vinegar
- 1 tbsp Chilli flakes
- Sesame oil
Instructions to prepare Kimchi
- Chop the cabbage, put it in a glass or steel bowl, add salt, and stir thoroughly.
- Leave it for 3 to 4 hours, or until it begins to wilt.
- Squeeze the cabbage a few times until it softens.
- Combine all the ingredients that is 2 tbsp finely chopped spring onions, 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic and ginger, 1 cup soya sauce, 1 1/2 tsp sugar, 1 cup white vinegar and 1 tbsp chilli flakes. NOTE: Do not add oil.
- Now pour the mixture into a sterilised jar.
- Seal the jar and wait 24 hours before using.
- Add some sesame oil as a garnish when serving.