Top 20 regrets that people have in life
You will hardly ever meet an adult who has no regrets. Those who assert that they have no regrets are most likely engaging in self-denial. Have you ever thought how admitting regret can be a constructive route forward? What I mean to say is that regret is a crucial aspect of human existence and, when approached in novel and creative ways, it can improve our decision-making, performance, and meaning in life. Even better, when we learn from the regrets of others and, thereby, help ourselves from making the same mistakes.
I also think it is never too late to fix your regrets in life. So here I am sharing the top 20 regrets that people have in life:
1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.
3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish that I had allowed myself to be happier.
6. I wish I’d had the courage to confront problems earlier.
7. I wish I’d done more to take care of myself physically, emotionally, and mentally.
8. I wish I hadn’t taken things for granted and appreciated everything more.
9. I wish I had been more present in the moment and not worried so much about the future or dwelled on the past as much.
10. One of the most common regrets is not having told people how much they meant to me while they were still alive.
11. I wish I hadn’t wasted so much time worrying about things that didn’t matter.
12. I wish I had taken more risks in life.
13. I wish I had enjoyed life more and not taken it for granted.
14. I wish I had quit smoking sooner.
15. I wish I had traveled more when I was younger.
16. I wish I had invested more time in relationships.
17. I wish I hadn’t been so afraid of failure.
18. I wish I hadn’t been so hard on myself.
19. I wish I had listened to my gut instinct more often.
20. Lastly, I regret letting someone else define what success looks like for me.
Let’s, for a change, learn from others’ lists of regrets and try not to commit them ourselves.