If you’re looking for a Christmas Eve plum cake recipe, try this one
What better way to make Christmas Eve a little more festive than by cooking something delicious for the holiday and giving yourself some much needed alone time? There are plenty of desserts you can whip up ahead of time, including this easy-to-make plum cake!
Ingredients of Plum Cake
- 250 gm refined flour
- 150 gm brown sugar
- 30 gm almonds
- 30 gm walnuts
- 30 gm raisins
- 30 gm cranberries
- 30 gm black currents
- 1/4 cup milk
- 150 gm unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
- 100 gm prunes
- 5 drop vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- Alcohol of your choice
- 4 egg
- 1 Orange zest
- Icing sugar
Before baking Plum Cake, most of the fruits and nuts are soaked 2-3 months in advance in alcohol. The soaking period is the most crucial period, as that determines the flavour of your cake. The more time you will provide to the soaking period, the more firm cake you will have with a better texture. It is also said that the more time you take in baking Plum Cake, it brings out the best flavours.
- Preheat the oven to 170 C.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and spices together.
- Whisk the sugar and butter until it’s light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one by one, whisking after each addition. Whisk for a good 5 minutes on medium speed. Until it is pale yellow and light.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet batter. Use a spatula to fold it in. Once mixed, add the other half and gently fold it until completely combined.
- Pour the batter into the pan, gently spread it out to the corners. Give the pan a good tap to release any air bubbles.
- Bake for 60-90 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool over a wire cooling rack. Allow it to completely cool down before removing it from the pan.
- Time to serve and enjoy the drool-worthy Christmas treat.