Stalker Shahrukh Hussain set ablaze an 18-year-old girl in Jharkhand

Stalker Shahrukh Hussain Set Ablaze An 18-Year-Old Girl In Jharkhand
đź“· accused Shahrukh Hussain who killed an innocent young life for refusing his advances

In the Dumka district of Jharkhand, 18-year-old Ankita Kumari was set on fire by Shahrukh Hussain after she declined his proposal. Unfortunately, Ankita succumbed to her burn injuries on Sunday. According to the police, the accused has been taken into custody.

On August 23, her accuser, Shahrukh, doused her in gasoline and set her ablaze.

Also Read: Lebanese woman, Hana Mohammed Khodor, set on fire by husband

Ankita Kumari was initially admitted to Phulo Jhano Medical College and Hospital in Dumka in a critical state.

Later, she was advised to seek better care at Ranchi’s Rajendra Institute of Medical Science (RIMS). People were seen protesting in the Dumka streets soon after the incident came to light.

Dumka Superintendent of Police (SP) Ambar Lakda said in a statement to ANI, “Shahrukh, the accused, was taken into custody. For a speedy trial, we will apply to a fast-track court. People are helping us out. We urge people to uphold the peace. Section 144 has been implemented, and the situation is under control. “

In a distressed state, Ankita had admitted to the police that Shahrukh, her neighbour, had been harassing her every day. He once approached her and asked to be friends. He had also managed to get her phone number and would call her frequently, pleading for friendship. He threatened to kill Ankita when she reprimanded him for continuing.

Banna Gupta, the health minister for Jharkhand, said: “The state government is serious regarding the murder of a girl in Dumka. Stringent action will be taken against perpetrators. We will ensure a fast trial. We have talked to DC in this regard.”

In her statement to an executive magistrate, Ankita said that the accused, Shahrukh Hussain, had called her on her mobile phone about 10 days earlier and badgered her into becoming his friend.

On Monday, at 8 o’clock in the evening, he called Ankita once more and threatened to kill her if she did not talk to him. Ankita’s father assured her that he would speak with the culprit’s family on Tuesday after learning about the threat. Thereafter, the family ate dinner and went to sleep.

“On Tuesday morning, I experienced a sensation of pain on my back and could smell something burning. I found him running away when I opened my eyes. I started screaming in pain and went to my father’s room. My parents doused the fire and took me to the hospital, “Ankita Kumari struggled to speak while the police recorded her statement.

Leave a Reply