10 High-Protein Recipes for Working Moms: Easy, Healthy and Delicious!
Are you a working mom looking for nutritious and delicious high-protein recipes that can be easily made at home? Look no further! We’ve compiled a list of 10 easy-to-make recipes that are packed with protein, perfect for busy moms on-the-go. From chicken and vegetable stir-fry to lentil and vegetable soup, these meals will not only fuel your body but also satisfy your taste buds. Say goodbye to boring and bland meals and hello to satisfying and flavorful high-protein recipes that will help you stay energized and focused throughout the day. So, let’s dive in and discover some of the best high-protein recipes for working moms!
1. Chicken and vegetable stir-fry:
- Cut up chicken breast into small pieces and stir-fry with a mix of vegetables such as bell peppers, broccoli, and onions.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes, or until browned.
- Add vegetables and stir-fry for another 3-5 minutes, or until they are tender.
- Serve over rice or quinoa for added protein.
2. Turkey chili:
- Cook ground turkey in a large pot over medium heat until browned.
- Add diced tomatoes, kidney beans, and a mix of chili spices (such as cumin, chili powder, and paprika) and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with a side of cornbread for added protein.
3. Black bean and sweet potato tacos:
- Peel and dice a sweet potato and boil until tender, then mash it.
- Drain and rinse a can of black beans, then mash them together with the sweet potato.
- Stuff mixture into corn tortillas, top with shredded cheese, lettuce, and avocado.
4. Grilled salmon with quinoa and veggies:
- Grill a salmon fillet and serve over a bed of quinoa mixed with sautéed vegetables.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan and add your choice of vegetables, such as bell peppers, broccoli, and onions.
- Cook the vegetables for 5-7 minutes or until they are tender.
- Cook quinoa as per package instructions and mix it with the sautéed vegetables.
- Place the grilled salmon on top of the quinoa and vegetables.
5. Slow cooker chicken curry:
- Mix boneless chicken breast, curry powder, coconut milk, and diced vegetables such as bell peppers, carrots, and onions in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve over rice.
6. Baked turkey meatballs:
- Mix ground turkey, breadcrumbs, grated parmesan cheese, and spices together in a bowl.
- Form mixture into meatballs and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until fully cooked.
7. Greek yogurt chicken salad:
- Mix shredded cooked chicken with Greek yogurt, diced celery, and herbs such as parsley, dill, or chives.
- Serve as a sandwich or on top of a bed of lettuce.
8. Lentil and vegetable soup:
- Cook lentils as per package instructions.
- In a separate pot, sauté diced vegetables such as carrots, celery, and tomatoes in a tablespoon of oil.
- Add in some spices such as cumin, coriander, and paprika and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the cooked lentils and add water or broth to reach the desired consistency.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat, let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
9. Tuna salad wrap:
- Mix canned tuna, mayo, diced celery, and seasonings such as salt, pepper, and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Serve in a wrap with lettuce and tomato.
10. Egg and Vegetable Breakfast burrito:
- Scramble eggs with diced vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, and spinach.
- Wrap the mixture in a tortilla and top with cheese and salsa.
- Heat the wrap in a pan.