10 uncomfortable truths about life to put all you phenomenal women 5 years ahead, read and lead!
This one isn’t for the faint hearted. If you are one of those phenomenal women who wants to change and achieve big things in life, then you have come to the right place. The following uncomfortable truths about life will help you fight adversities head on as you climb the ladder of success.
1. You will never be faced with a challenge that you cannot conquer. You’re either impatient for solutions or too lazy to fight. Sorry, but this is true. Stop living in a la la land. Your potential is lying dormant, realize it before it’s too late.
2. Expectations, comparison, and attachments all contribute to love, hatred, and jealousy. These are negative emotions to harbor that can slow down your growth process. Learn to be open-minded, recognise your uniqueness, your unique talent (even if you have made yourself to believe you don’t have it, drop that idiotic belief and trust me when I say, you have a unique talent! Yes, you do.) and most importantly understand that anything, I mean, absolutely anything, can happen at anytime. You are not late. Things can turn around with a blink of an eye.
3. You might find this one extremely difficult, but you have to know that people have a habit of disrupting flow states. Avoid allowing people too much access to your life. By people, I also mean your loved ones. If you are an ambitious, go getter woman, you have to have your own space and time. Less interruption, more output.
4. If you really want to change your life then remember this by your heart: You’ll never have more than what you’ve worked for. Stop complaining and start working harder.
5. Girls, I know you have been brought up to believe in a knight in shinning armor, please stop and prick that bubble. Teach yourself to appreciate and inspire yourself. No one is coming for the rescue. You have to get up, you have to be your own cheerleader. Period.
6. Life seems unfair when you’re broke, unhealthy and rigid. Don’t like it? Change it. But the uncomfortable truth is when there’s no money in your pocket, or you are too stubborn to see the other side or seek help then life is nothing, but unfair.
7. There will always be someone who hates you. No matter how cool or generous you are. There will be someone who just don’t like you. Stop getting yourself bothered by it.
8. Know that you know nothing. Make sense? You can learn and grow only when you don’t know something, and therefore you strive to learn that thing. If you are convinced you know it all (which is sheer stupidity to think so) then you are doomed because you will remain stagnant. Climbing the ladder is believing with each step there’s new learnings waiting for us.
9. Happiness is not in the past or future, it is now and here. If you’ll keep searching for it in places that don’t exist (past and future) you’ll never have it. Inculcate the habit of gratitude for all that you have now. Live in now. Be present here and NOW.
10. Often cowardice is a face behind peaceful and rational beings. Often. Without risk nothing big is ever achieved. Don’t settle for bare minimum, don’t be a coward. Take the plunge, fight for what you believe in and keep climbing the ladder of success.
That’s all from my side. I hope you will push yourself to reach the heights you’ve dreamt off by learning from these hard uncomfortable truths about life.